Well...it is official. I have been a full time working mom for 8 weeks. Here are some 100% true facts from what I have learned/accomplished these past 8 weeks.
1. I don't remember 3/4 of what has happened the past 8 weeks.
2. My kids have eaten maybe 4 home cooked meals in the past 8 weeks.
3. We have eaten way too many sandwiches and bowls of cereal for dinner in the past 8 weeks.
4. I basically just sleep at home now...and empty and load the dishwasher....all the cereal bowls from our "healthy" dinners.
5. I have resorted to doing my grocery shopping online.
6. We don't make our beds.
7. Working is so hard yet so rewarding.
8. My kids can't really deep clean a bathroom...they more or less wipe "around" with a clorox wipe.
9. I love love love watching my kids play in any sport or activity.
10. I wouldn't change a thing!!
Yes, working full time has been quite the adjustment here at the Wilke household. However, I think we have figured out a rhythm. I am blessed to have a flexible job that still allows me to work while the kids are in school and still be there for them after school and for their activities!
Kens is flourishing in log rolling. For a kid that just started log rolling in the late summer, she is a log rolling beast! I am one proud log rolling mamma! Watch out lumberjacks....she's coming to roll against you!
Woodmans delivers. Enough said. They do all my shopping, load it up, drive it out to my house, unload it and leave. They charge me $9.95 to do this. I had groceries delivered to my house yesterday morning at 7 a.m. Um...where have you been all my life???
Molly gave these two a hair cut the other day and then cut Dan's hair as well. Boom!
We had 3 play this season. What fun it was! Abbie's team won the conference championship....like any good parent we didn't get a picture of her playing. She also isn't in the team picture because she had mandatory nutcracker practice....so here is her team without her!
They ended up taking 2nd place in the tournament. So so so fun to watch...and line judge!
And just like that....8 weeks have flown by.
My heart is full.