Monday, June 27, 2016

Summer Happenings!

 Ok...I'll be real honest here.  I have a love/hate relationship with summer.  It's this internal battle I have in my head daily every once in a while ;)  Oh how I love having the kids home from school...most days.  I just love having them around and the house hustling and bustling with craziness.  I don't really know how to do anything but "crazy."  I think I basically live in my kitchen when we are home.  The dishwasher is loaded and emptied at a minimum of 3 times a day.  We keep running out of paper plates which means we keep having to use legit plates and that means we keep running the dishwasher!  Oh...and the beach towels.  That is a full time job in itself!  I am not kidding when I tell you this... I just put in another load of laundry.  I threw some wet yucky pool towels in and then emptied a second basket of laundry in with the wet towels.  Half way into loading that second basket, I realized that was actually a clean load that I did this morning.  And you wanna know what...I just kept loading it in, put soap in and started it.  That was easier for me to do than anything so I just went with it.  I figure they will be extra clean now, right?



Now that summer time is here, ballet season has ended.  That is a happy/sad thing for me.  I absolutely love watching 2 of my girls dance.  Abbie has such a love for ballet and I can't wait to see what the next school year will bring for her.  She is pretty darn flexible and has an amazing arch in her foot....two things perfect for a ballerina!

Then there is my "snugs."  She is pretty amazing too.  She has taken ballet since she was 2 years old.  She loves to dance just like her big sis.  She is actually going to be taking at Abbie's ballet studio in the fall due to an amazing scholarship program and Lanie couldn't be happier!  I think we need to get one of the boys to start taking ballet so they can partner Abbie or Lanie....Dan thinks differently.  



I got to photograph this sweet family.  They just adopted their sweet baby girl who just turned 1!  They have a love for each other and for their baby girl....they make me smile!  




Camp create started today!  I have such a sweet group of girls !  I think I started with one of the hardest crafts of the week.  We hand cut wool felt and then hand stitched them.  They were so patient and sweet and we did  manage to get the star banners done!  I am hoping they all want to come back tomorrow!  


One of the crafts we are dong this week at camp create is making our own sidewalk chalk popsicles.  I, of course, had to do a test run and let me tell you....AUHMAZING!   

 It was easy for the kids to work with and the colors were so vibrant.



Even my 8th kid Dan couldn't wait to test it out.  We made a little too much of the "batter" so we ended up making little cupcake chalks too.  Both worked great!  I can't wait to make these with the campers this week!







"G" is playing baseball for the first time this year.  He is our little sport lover.  He can pick up any sport and find out how to be awesome at it.  The games are fun, the families are fun and watching him is just as fun.  I have a feeling this is just the start of his "sports career." 


I made these vases this week for my sweet friend.  I thought they would match her house perfectly and also give her a pop of the 4th of July!  I am making these with my campers this week too....I'll let you know how they turn out.  



I had my Father's Day segment last week on Real Milwaukee.  If you missed it, you can watch it HERE
I know Father's Day is over, but some of the ideas are cute for any crafter!  Let me tell you, that picnic blanket is still my favorite craft of all time.  We have been using it like crazy!  

Ok and real quick, I have a funny story.  So, the other day I was going for a walk around a local lake here with a friend of mine.  She ran into someone she knew and they started chatting.  The woman looked at me and said, "hmmm, you look so familiar to me."  Now if you know me, you know I can be super sarcastic and I try to be funny.  So naturally I said, "Oh, you must know me because I am on TV."  People, I was TOTALLY joking!  I am almost positive no one would ever recognize me from my 5 minute TV segment....actually I am 100% that will never happen.  The woman looks at me and says, "No, I don't watch TV."  Boom.  She didn't get my sarcasm and I felt like an idiot.  Note to self....don't say that anymore!  

Happy summer from the person you wouldn't recognize from being on TV ;) 

1 comment:

  1. +$3,624 profit last week...

    Get 5 Star verified winning bets on MLB, NHL, NBA & NFL + Anti-Vegas Smart Money Signals!!!

    ReplyDelete