Thursday, April 21, 2016

Life

 Well, I made it through another news segment.  This time my crafts were so prepared, but I felt so not prepared.  The day before I aired, I realized that I hadn't even thought about what I was going to wear.  I totally could have gone with my everyday workout pants on the bottom because you don't see that part...but the top I have to try and pull together.  So...on Wednesday nights, Abbie has a longer ballet class.  I dropped her off and took myself over to the mall.  I ventured into Maurice's (which is usually where I shop) and wasn't loving anything.  Poops.  Beyond that I had NO idea where to go.  Gymboree?  Justice?  Those are the only stores I ever go in...and I don't even go to them that much!!  I wandered my way into Express.  Um... talk about feeling out of place!  Wait, how do you put that on?  Why are the pockets sticking out from under the shorts?  Whoa, those are shorts???  Yeah...it was that good.  I did make my way to the back of the store by the dresses and clearance items.  (Dan and I also had a wedding to attend so I was looking for a dress).  I did muster up the courage to ask for a fitting room and even tried on a few dresses.  I couldn't decide...shocking...so I put them on hold and left empty handed.  I had about 10 minutes until I needed to leave to pick Abbie back up and still had nothing.  I made my way over to The Limited....I think that was the store.  Now, I haven't been in the store for probably 10 years or more.  It was beautiful in there.  I saw a pair of pants I liked (which doesn't really help since you can't see my bottom half on TV) so, naturally I went to try them on.  As I was walking to the fitting rooms I saw this cute girl wearing this amazing teal trench coat.  Um...HELLO!!!  My favorite color and it was just the POP of color I needed for the next morning segment.  I asked her where she got it and was super excited to try and find it.  I tried the pants on (they actually fit....yeah me...the hard work is paying off...until I eat cookies).  I wanted to buy the pants, but then I looked at the price tag.  $77 for a pair of pants....????  Yeah, I put them back so quickly and made my way out of the store.  I was on the hunt for my teal coat.  Naturally, the store had closed at the mall I was at...because nothing is ever easy.  I had 10 minutes to get back to Abbie.  On my way to pick her up, I made some calls and found the coat....at BAYSHORE.  UGH.... As soon as Abbie parked her cute little behind in the car we made the drive to Bayshore.  We ran in, got the coat...which was on clearance....SCORE...and drove back home.  I am so in love with that teal coat.  Just in case you think I have it together from the looks of my segments...I don't.  Oh, and I totally forgot to use the bathroom before I went back to set up...thankfully there were no accidents on the news that morning ;)


And...then the weekend happened.  Gavin started football at the Y this past weekend.  He is the quarterback.  He ran the ball in for a touchdown and it was such a trick play that I didn't even get to record it!!  They had their team photos on Saturday.  I am too cheap to buy photos so this was my best attempt at sneaking a picture of his team!  My kid isn't even looking!
 It was so nice out the weekend that we made our first fire of the year.  Our kids love pudgy pies....so pudgy pies for dinner it was!  (note to our 13 year old....pudgy pie makers do melt if left in the fire too long....we lost 2 pudgy pie makers that night)

 I wiped up our kitchen floor for the first time in, well, I don't know.  It was disgusting.  I'll leave it at that.

 Abbie is in full Alice rehearsal land.  She had practice on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  I think her favorite rehearsals are the ones with the company dancers.  One day, Abbie, one day!
 Before she goes into ballet practice or rehearsals I always tell her to "be confident."  This past week at chapel she read about being confident.  It was awesome to hear her speak on confidence.
 Today is the first day in a week I haven't had a sick kid at home.  Kens had it the worst.  A high fever and a cough.  Hopefully we have pulled through and no one else gets any more fevers!
 Sunday was beautiful out.  The swim suits came out, cars were washed, and a bottle of sunscreen was used.  Sads worked on her homework outside in the sun.  I love how she is using a toy register as her calculator.

 Ballet on boogy boards...why not?
 I'll never forget the day I found out I was pregnant with Griffin.  Lanie was just 6 months old.  I cried and cried because I was so overwhelmed with 6...how did God think we could handle another one?  Well, HE knew we could.  HE knew Gavin needed a brother.  I am thankful that they have each other!


 The chickens did a lot of free ranging over the weekend.  They love to be free.  They lay more eggs when they are happy.  We like happy chickens!


 Dan loves his chickens.  He is a good chicken owner.  If he could, he would be a farmer.  One day I am going to come home to goats and pigs, I just know it.


 and...that was our weekend.  I did get a run in down at the lakefront while Abbie was at ballet this weekend.  It brought back my college years when Dan and I would walk down by the lakefront.  Dan's cousin got married this weekend and we actually made it to the reception among the craziness of the weekend and sick kids.  It was a good weekend.  We are ready for summer!  Tomorrow is the big middle school play I have been helping direct....we are going to pull this off....we are going to pull this off.  If you're free Friday night at 7 and want a free night out at the "theater" come see "TWINDERELLA" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment