Thursday, November 19, 2015

Some Random Facts about The Wilke Family!



I thought I would share some random Wilke Family Facts with you today.  
 I took our Christmas card photos on Sunday.  I probably took 500 pictures.
 I know we all usually only put the perfect Christmas card pictures on the cards.....
 but the reality is that I have 490 pictures that won't see the Christmas card!
 Someone is usually not looking or someone has eyes closed or someone is pouting (uh huh Griffin)
 Once in a while you find a gem.  Once in a while everyone is looking and all of there eyes are OPEN!
I took the pictures on Sunday and ordered the cards on Monday and they are getting put in envelopes and addressed today.  Yahoo!


...and now my random facts:

*We go through 10 gallons of milk in a week.

*We eat our chicken eggs a couple of times a week now! (we are getting about a dozen a day!)

*Dan is way smart.  Technology smart.  Last night I was sitting next to him on the couch and he was online reading manuals for techy stuff.  He is really good at what he does.  He can't remember the children's birthdays, but he has manuals memorized!

*Molly has tried contacts 2 times.  She can't get them in her eyes.  We will try again for the 3rd year in a row.  She says she can do it this time because she wears mascara.  Ok then.

*Sadie is super smart.  Beyond her years I think.  She wants to be a doctor.  She is learning French just for the heck of it.  Dan and I told her if she becomes fluent in French we will take her to Paris.  Let's pray it takes her years to become fluent!

*Abbie was bumped up a level in ballet about a month ago.  The teachers noticed her and moved her up a level.  She is at a way better level now that is challenging her.  She also has come out of her shell more in the class and is even talking to the other girls.  She sure does love her ballet.

*Kenadie is our easy going child.  First to offer to help or say "hi" to you.  She is also our messiest child.  Borderline hoarder.  She rooms with Sadie, our cleanest child.  One side of the room is spotless and one side of the room looks like a tornado destroyed it.

*Gavin is all boy.  He has such a sweet heart but can loose it over the littlest things.  (i.e. spelling words)  He was the quarterback in football and rocked it.  Basketball is starting for him now.  He may be short but he has some moves!

*Lanie can't take a bad picture.  She spends most of her day dancing and performing to songs.

*Griffin rules the house.  Every single one of us bends over backwards to keep that child happy.  He is definitely that baby of the family and knows it!

*If I could get one thing for Christmas it would be a year supply of paper plates.

*I spend 3/4 of my day in the kitchen.  No lie.  I craft in the kitchen, I clean the kitchen, I cook, I bake, I talk on the phone....I love my kitchen!

*We run our dishwasher at least 3 times a day.

*The kids are responsible for folding and putting away all of the laundry.  I take care of all the hanging laundry.  Their drawers are a mess, but it's one less thing we have to do!

*Dan and I will be married 15 years in May.  We met when we were 14 and 15.  He is my best friend.  We work well together and love each other still!

*I have 13 nieces and nephews.  I love each one of them dearly and am so proud of all of them.  We were a way better aunt and uncle to them before we had kids of our own.  I miss seeing them and being with them.

*I am the youngest of 5 kids and Dan is the oldest of 2 kids.  We always knew we wanted to have a big family.  God blessed us with 7 physical children of our own and we would love to adopt or foster care in the near future.  We are praying and being patient and waiting on God's timing.  

*We can't wait until 8:00 when the kids go to bed most nights!  Then we both sit on the couch and fall asleep after we finish up the late night chores.  We don't lead very exciting lives!

*Dan doesn't like going to parties and hates being social.  I don't mind being social ;)  He will sit in the van with the kids and wait for me to finish up a conversation.  He has been known to go to movies alone.  (especially since his movie date friend moved away)

*Our kids are always hungry.  Except for last night.  I made 30 eggs, hash browns and sausage for dinner and let them have seconds and thirds.  They were actually FULL!!!  Dan and I didn't get to eat, but they did !

* Our floor is always dirty.  ALWAYS.  I don't even care anymore.  I do vacuum it and try to keep the hairballs away...but if it's sticky, I am good with that!


There you have it.  Some random Wilke Facts.  Oh, and while writing this blog Sir Griffs has pulled me away 4 times to tend to his demands.  And we wonder why he cries when he doesn't get his way!

Happy Thursday to you all!  I am off to work on December 3rd's TV segment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment