Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Updates on life. The good, the bad and the U.G.L.Y




First things first...this past weekend I held two Pumpkin Sessions at the farmstead!  We had amazing weather and great crafters.  When we planned the pumpkins as the craft I made the mistake of having my husband assemble the sample set for me without trying to make one myself.  After I booked the sessions I decided I would try and make a set myself.  Um, yeah, couldn't do it.  So....in all fairness to my crafters, we (the husband and wife team) assembled over 150 pumpkins the past 2 weeks.  We may have finished just as the women were pulling up on Sunday for their session....just maybe ;)

We really had great weather.  Not very windy so spray painting worked well.  Seriously, these ladies were just so fun to be around.  Some of them got crazy with their color choices and totally blew me away with their pumpkin variations.  I just added another pumpkin session in case you couldn't make the first two.  You can sign up right HERE  OR if you have no interest in coming to a session or making a set and you want me to do it for you...I can do that too!  You can order your own set of MADE pumpkins from me HERE.

We were are not crafting at the farm we are at some sporting event.  We have 2 playing soccer, 1 playing football, 3 playing volleyball, 2 in ballet and 2 tired parents.  We love love love to watch our kids play sports.  One of us is highly completive and does a lot of yelling at the sporting events.  One of us is quiet and just watches.  I'll let you guess who is who.
I have been practicing my photography more and more.  I have done 2 family photo shoots now and I would have to say I am pretty proud of myself.  I still need a lot of practice.  I am no professional.  However, I am loving being able to take pictures.  Who would have known that one 6 hour class would change my storytelling and photography forever.  If you have a DSLR camera (not a point and shoot one) and you are interested in taking the same class I took....you are in luck.  My friend, Jill Ann, is teaching another photography session on October 17th.  The session takes place at her home in Oconomowoc, WI.  You can sign up HERE for her class.  It totally changed my life.  If you just want more info you can go HERE.  If you sign up use the code WILKE25 and she will give you $25 off the class!  Shaaaaaboooooommm!!!
 I am so excited to announce that I will be airing on FOX 6 Real Milwaukee again....like 3 more times!  I KNOW!!!  I may or may not have screamed super out loud when I got the email from the producer.  I am pretty sure she thinks I am a crazy lady.  Anyways, I will be airing on October 15th, November 12th, and December 3rd. I KNOW!!!  Clear your schedules. Take off of work.  Set your DVR's....come along with me!  What an incredible blessing and what an absolute joy to be able to use my talents in a way I truly LOVE!!

And then there are my teeth.  I got the call.  I got the estimate for the damaged teeth.  I almost puked. I have to get the estimate from my tooth I need pulled yet.  I plan to wrap up that tooth and give it to the kids for Christmas.  Merry Christmas children!  I am giving you the gift of your mother having teeth so you won't be embarrassed to know me. I am pretty sure they already are a little embarrassed!

Ok and then this happened.  I cannot tell you the last time we took the kids grocery shopping.  We usually do it as a date night or I go solo.  This time we thought it would be "fun" to take them.  Yeah...not so much.  We had 3 carts, each being pushed by children under the proper age of cart driving.  We basically looked like a circus going up and down the aisles.  We cut people off.  We blocked shelf upon shelf with our train of carts.  We fought over who got what in each cart.  At the check out one of our children rammed the cart they were pushing into an innocent bystander waiting in line to check out.  She banged her knee on her cart and was having trouble bending it.  Yup.  Never. Again.  I apologized and then remembered why we try not to go out in public often.


And then my poor finger.  See that lovely bump?  (this would be the U.G.L.Y part) On my middle finger?!?!  I have had this bump come and go for the last few months.  Over the weekend it got really painful.  I had to pay a visit to the doctor yesterday.  Is it a cyst?  Is it a blood clot? I won't even tell you what I think it is...cause you will all really know how crazy I am then!

 and finally...these are two of our upcoming Christmas Craft Sessions!  If you wan to sign up, you can go to my Etsy Store.  There will be limited space for each session as these require quite a bit of prep for both my husband and myself!  I am also booking private sessions of these so let me know if you would like to get a group of ladies here to craft on your own!


Ok and something totally random.  I seriously just had the Kirby people stop at my house.  They handed me a packet of tide pod things and started giving me the "pitch."  They asked what room they could clean for me today.  I told them we have all hard wood floors.  (which is totally the truth).  By this time his assistant lady had already run to the car to get the Kirby out of the van.  So the guy asked the women if she knew how to use the hardwood floor attachment.  She didn't know how to....so they asked for my sample pack of Tide pods back and left.  I am still a bit baffled by the encounter.  Why do they hand you something and then ask for it back?  Do you really think I am going to buy your thousands of dollars Kirby because you gave me a packet of Tide pods that would last our family 2 days?  I feel like if you don't know how to work the machine you are selling on all types of flooring then maybe you should learn that before going door to door!  I know that is their job and I really did want to help them with their "demo" goal for the day...but I am not gonna let you in my house if you don't know how to use the machine you are selling!  End rant.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment