Sunday, September 20, 2015

I'm So Excited...And I Just Can't Hide It!



 Oh my goodness.  I cannot believe all that we have going on here at the farm.  We are crazy busy with life and chickens and Fridays and kids!  Ok, I don't know where to start.  I have SO many things to tell you about!  I will start with eggs.  Chicken Eggs.
 We FINALLY had enough eggs to make a meal of them.  We have been saving and saving.  With only one or two chickens laying it took a little bit to collect enough to feed our kids, but we did it!  Yesterday we got to 18 eggs and we made some scrambled eggs.  Yum Yum!
 We have NEVER had farm fresh eggs before.  Someone gave us a dozen this past summer and we left them sit in the hot trunk for 2 days before we remembered we had them.  Whoops.  So this was our first experience with the real deal.  The first egg Dan cracked had 2 yokes in it....crazy!  Maybe that is a sign we should have twins ;)
 We scrambled them up and divided them by 7.  We took them outside and fed the masses.  I would say they went over very well!  Even with ketchup !!  The kids devoured them and I literally tried the smallest crumb left on a plate.  From the crumb I tasted, they tasted amazing.  I think were are up to getting 3 eggs a day now so the chickens are getting the hang of this egg laying thing.  I can't wait until we have too many eggs and we can start giving away eggs.  Yahoo!  This "raise chickens thing" has been really a good learning experience.  Don't tell Dan, but I am really glad we have them.  The kids have been really good about checking on them, feeding them, getting the eggs and "playing" with them.  I never thought I would say I am glad we have 14 chickens....but I kinda am.  I might be really to order more.  Shhhhh...

 After we fed the kids scrambled eggs for lunch, I hosted a Fridays at the Farm Crate Session.  I could not believe how great the crates turned out.  I mean, I knew they were going to be awesome...but they were really awesome.  I didn't take as many pictures as I should have and also didn't get all the finished crates either.

 I just LOVE them all!!   Some chose to paint their crates and some left them natural.  Seriously, such a simple craft that is functional and so adorable!




And...just because life isn't crazy enough, I hosted a birthday party on Friday after school at my house.  My friend's daughter wanted to have a puppy party so a puppy party it was.  Again, I was acting as the party hostess so I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would have liked to.  I didn't get a picture of the table complete with the food.  Oh, well!  Anyways, we had an adoption center, faceprinting and a puppy craft.  It was a long 3 hour party, but it was fun and exhausting at the same time!  
























AND..... I worked on the Christmas Crafts this weekend.  And....WOW!!!  I am SO pumped to share them with you.  I am doing some final distressing and adding a few final touches tonight yet.  I will be sharing with you how you can be the first to "watch" the debut of the new crafts!  Tomorrow people....the details are coming tomorrow.  I have fresh baked cookies calling my name and a husband wanting me to watch the Packer game with him.  Gotta keep my priorities straight!  Details. WILL. Come. Tomorrow!  

Oh Happy Day!!!!!

Oh!  And...I can't forget the NEW blog design!!  What do you think?  My very talented friend, Nellie, worked super hard today to help me with a new design.  I got to sit and snuggle with her fresh baby while she worked away.  I am pretty sure I got the better end of that deal!  Thank you a million times over, Nellie,  for your awesomeness.  Pure Awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment