Friday, August 21, 2015

Saying Good-Bye :(

 3 years ago exactly our lives were forever changed.  For the better.  3 years ago we met 2 people that would make such an impact on us.  A lot has happened these past 3 years with them.  So many memories were made.  Our families grew super close.  We had many double dates, a ton of laughs, and our friendship moved from friends to family.  Today they move to Florida.  Last night was the last time we will see them face to face for many months.  This is hard on us, but doesn't even touch the reality of what their family is facing this morning as they pull away.

Dear Bryan....
I am semi proud to call you my husband's best friend...only semi because I am still a little mad at you!  I have never met anyone with such a passion for the youth of America.  From the first time we met you when you were dancing with Molly at Easter Jam, I knew you were special.  Over the past few years you have gotten to know us and love each and everyone of our kids.  You play with them like they are your own.  You always take time to say "hi" to each one of them.  You make sure that when we are swimming together you pay attention to each Wilke kid.  I am positive you have made a drastic impact on Molly's life.  That is one one reason I am mad at you.  I wanted you to be my kid's youth pastor.  I wanted them to be under your guidance and love.  They need men like you in their lives.  Your smile is contagious and we love being around you.  For the past 3 years, Dan has had a friend.  Even though we forced you guys to be friends at first...look where that brought us!  Not only did my kids learn a lot from you, Dan and I did too.  Some good, some bad.  Just kidding about the bad!  Well...somewhat kinda sorta!  While our vacationing styles are a bit different, we still loved our time with you in Door County and on all the other adventures we went on.  I wouldn't say we "loved" snowboarding, but we were just glad to be with you and Brie.  I could ramble on and on about how awesome you are and how much we love you and how much you have changed our lives....and because you are a words of affirmation kind of person you would love that....but I won't keep going on.  I know you are going to do amazing things in Florida.  I know this road wasn't the easiest choice to make.  I know God has some awesome things planned for you and your family in Florida.  With a heavy heart I will say I am proud of you for following where the Lord is leading you.  I am jealous of all the youth that will get to call you their Pastor.  For the record...if any of our kids turn out messed up, it is officially your fault.  Just kidding....kinda.  Thank you for all you have done for our family.  To say you will be missed is a huge understatement.  Oh, and Dan said you told him you would fly me down 6 times a year now....something about me being awesome he said.  I'll take a ticket next week!
 Dear Brie...
3 years ago things were changing in my life.  God knew I needed you.  My sister and I grew apart and God brought you into my life just when I felt like I had no one.  From our first outing at Olive Garden with John I knew we had what it took to be friends.  God used the past 3 years to turn our friendship into something way more!  I am positive we are sisters from different mothers :)  Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work along side of you.  You giving me that chance has been life changing.  My faith has been strengthened.  I have actually met and made lots of new friends.  Working with you introduced me to wonderful people that have made an impact on me and my family.  While we had fun working together we also had a blast crafting and shopping together.  Our friendship with each other and our families turned into a huge extended family.  I love that knowing you came along with knowing your husband, kids, sisters and brothers and your mom and dad.  I have watched you and your Dad's relationship and have always been jealous of that.  I wonder if that is what my dad and I would have been like.  You parents have opened their home to our family so many times and have treated us like family.  I know this has been the hardest on you.  I know that there is NO way you would be moving if you truly didn't feel that God was moving you.  I know how close you are with your family and you are going to miss them like crazy.  I know this is gonna rock your world.  I am sad that I can't be there for you down in Florida.  I am so proud of you guys for taking on this life change.  I know God has big plans for you guys.  Even though we are 20 some hours away from each other we will still have each other.  We have gotten really great at texting and I know a few states in between us won't keep us apart.  I don't just feel like a friend is moving away, I feel like we are loosing part of our family.  We will FaceTime so Stellan and Lanie can keep their relationship strong....or Lanie and Caedman...or Brighton and Griffin.  A little encouragement won't hurt, right?  We will have to FaceTime while walking through Target which is totally not the same but will have to do until Bryan brings me down!  Brie, thank you for all the laughs.  I know there are many more to come.  I know our friendship will look different now and we won't see each other as often, but I am confident that we will not grow apart.  With neither one of us working now we have all the time in the world to FaceTime ;)  I love you so very much and am going to miss you like crazy...but I know God has this.  One day we'll be.....(visualize me being Ariel pushing myself up on a rock...but super skinny) PART OF YOUR WORLD!








 I don't really know how to say good bye very well.  There is no manual on it...and if there was I don't have time to read it.  At the end of the day our best friends are moving away.  There is nothing good about it.  We are surrounded by so many other friends and family still which is gonna be a huge blessing for us.  We know that we are loved by so many others and we love each of you guys!  That is what will keep us going.  I would ask that you would pray for our friends as they move.  It will take them a bit to get into the groove, but I know they will.  Pray that God will bring wonderful friends into Brie's life to make this move a little less sucky for her.  My prayer is that God will reunite us one day!!! That this move isn't permanent.  I hear Disney is looking for people to be Ariel at Disney World.  Maybe I should apply ?!?!?!?  Brie and Bryan, we miss you already.  We love you and your family.  We cannot wait to see you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment