Monday, August 24, 2015

And just like that....another School year.




Well, the time has come.  Another school year is under way.  I always have such mixed emotions about sending the kids back to school every year.  This year was no different.  In fact, we were pretty close to homeschooling this year.  We pray about it and talk about it every summer.  This year we almost did it.  However, we both felt like it wasn't a good fit for us right now.  We have a lot we are praying about and decisions to make.  I didn't feel like I could commit 110% to homeschooling in such a short time and I needed to give it my full attention.  So back to school they went! This year we have 6 in school full days :(    This is the first year the kids are ALL at the SAME school!  Praise God!  Even though we loved our preschool in Watertown, we couldn't keep making the drive.  (we love you Mrs. Damon!)  And then there is #7...he is going to "mommy school" as he calls it.  I feel like he will be forever attached at my hip!  

We did a little photo shoot with the kids last night because I knew this morning would be crazy.  They really didn't need any new school clothes this year so that was a blessing...until yesterday.  Dan and I were feeling like horrible parents because we didn't get them one new school outfit for the first day of school.  My mom had taken them to Kohl's a month or so ago and bought them all undies, socks and shoes so we thought we were in the clear.  Then we felt bad.  So, we took them shopping  yesterday for one new outfit.  I haven't taken them all shopping together in a very long time at a mall.  Yeah, and I don't think we will be doing that again either.  Everyone is shouting "mom, look at this" or "mom, can I get this?"  We ended up going to Crazy 8, Gymboree, Justice, Target and Kohls.  One outfit for each kid. I will say that I have different tastes then some of my children....but I smiled and let them pick what they wanted!  Here are some pictures from our first day back to school!   







 I love these kids like crazy.  I am SO proud to be their mom.  I will miss them while they are at school but am confident that this is right for us...right now.  I can't believe I have a 7th grader and a kindergartener.  I love how they look out for each other at school.  When we prayed with them this morning I challenged them to be "different."  I don't want them to follow the crowd.  Most of all, I want them to shine for Jesus.  I want my kids to be kind and loving to everyone.  Even if that makes them different.





 We went in to school with our camera.  The air was buzzing with excitement.  We even went in to 7th grade and snapped some pictures.  Our 7th grader thinks we are crazy.  It will always be cool for your parents to come in and take pictures!  (she really did smile for us a few shots later!)
 Late last night I realized I didn't make the teachers their first day of school gifts.  I always bring them in something.  So....cricut we did.  We made 6 sets of "Make a joyful noise" banners for each of their teachers.  That is the school theme this year.  We hung the banners while the kids were in chapel this morning.  I also made them each some puppy chow in a pencil box.  Hopefully that helps their first day go by a little bit easier!
I am enjoying a little bit of peace and quiet today from our crazy summer.  I still have #7 at home and he is a ball of energy and demands...he has already had 3 snacks this morning so I can try and get some things done!  I am excited to see what this year brings.  To see how my kids grow and learn.  We have been blessed with great teachers again this year who I know will love my kids when I am not around.

Happy First Day of School!

No comments:

Post a Comment