Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Eh....I will not get back into a funk....I will NOT!!!





I have had a hard week.  Found out some really truly sad news last week.  Like rip my heart out and take it to Florida news.  Just. Plain. Sad.   I have cried numerous times.  

I also heard from my long lost Dad this week.  I haven't heard from him in years.  I randomly found his email address on line.  I thought contacting him would be a good idea.  It wasn't.  I will now fight through that for the next few months focusing on re-healing my heart.  

One child was down for almost a week with Salmonella poisoning.  Need I say more?  

I am doing a color-run THIS Saturday.  I started training for it....wait for it...YESTERDAY.  

There you have it.  The lowest of my lows over the past two weeks.  Just plain poopy.  

Aside from hitting a "low" we have had many good times as well.  I have adjusted to no longer working at church.  It took about a week.  It was hard letting it go.  However, I am back into the swing of being a full-time mom and loving it!  I have gone to church alone once and with my family once.  Something I haven't been able to do in a long time!  It felt SO good!  I am thankful for the time I had there, but even more thankful that God told me it was time to go.  I am looking forward to planning crafting sessions for the fall (and summer if I get my act together yet), volunteering at my kid's school, diving deeper into the Word, going on dates with Dan, and keeping the refrigerator stocked!  Oh, and practicing my photography....I am gonna keep trying!  

We went up north for Father's Day.  We actually were able to spend the night up there because I didn't have to work!!!  We haven't been able to do that in years!  Dan's grandparent's own a lake cottage on Green Lake.  Dan grew up going there on the weekends.  When we were dating I would drive up there and spend the weekends with him and his family.  This year the kids are all old enough for it to be enjoyable.  No babies.  No naps.  Just playing and having fun!
We did a lot of fishing from the pier.  I think we caught 8 or 9 fish and lots of minnows.  Dan taught the girls how to fish a hook through the minnows eye ball....GAAAARRROOOOOOSSSSSS.  Ewe.  Yucky.  I had to have Molly put my minnows on for me.
This was the calm before the storm.  Poor "G" got super sick on Sunday.  Fever and lots of time in the bathroom for days.  We took him in and had him tested and he had Salmonella.  It wasn't fun at all.  He lost quite a bit of weight and look very sickly.  He spent most of his day in the bathroom.  We learned a lot about Salmonella.  We had the health department call us.  I am now a germ freak.  I make the kids wash their hands a million times a day.  I can't eat chicken anymore.  It will take some time to get over my freakishness.
I don't know the last time the kids were able to go tubing.  They each got to go for a short tube ride with Daddy and cousin Christian.  I think the pictures speak of the fun they had!


The 4th of July was spent with friends.  I also got to practice more picture taking!  What a great day we had with people we love.  We went to a parade, had some yummy food, swam, played with friends, and watched fireworks.  There isn't any better way to celebrate!!
(Brie, I LOVE this picture....Everything about it, I love! )


I tried to get a good picture of the kids.  I waited until the end of picture taking time and this is the best I could get.  Can you say, "overtired?"
I taught one week of summer school this summer so far.  5 days of crafting with kids??  Yes, Please!  I had a small group the first week which was nice.  Starting next week I will teach 3 weeks in a row!  I am looking forward to it.  I would love to have gotten my degree to be a teacher.  Maybe one day.  For now, if they let me teach summer school I am good with that!  We made butterfly canvases and pinwheel boards and painted rocks and on and on!
All 9 of us were invited to a wedding.  That is a rare occasion.  Usually, the invite is only to Dan and myself.  This time ALL of us were invited!  What a beautiful wedding it was.  The reception was like a carnival.  Bounce houses, face painting, balloon animals and ice cream sundaes!
There was an amazing balloon artist there.  Only my child would ask for a blue cow.  And a blue cow he got.
Dan and Christian were busy one day digging a pond in our yard.  Dan had all our pond equipment from our old house and has been itching to use it.  One day later, we now have a pond with 20 goldfish!  I did some weeding and plant transplanting....pray for those plants....yikes!
We landed awesome seats for the fireworks and I got to snuggle with baby "Bwighton" during them.  It was the best.
Dan and I went to Woodman's on Sunday.  Two carts later...we have restocked our panty and fridge.  I hate grocery shopping.  I hate spending that much money on food.  It makes me really crabby.  Feeding a large family is expensive.  But, then we come home and all 7 of the kids run out to the car and help unload groceries and help put it all away and then I remember why I LOVE having a big family.  Even if they will eat all the food within the week, I still love them!

I can't believe it is July already.  I feel like we need another month or two for summer vacation!

1 comment:

  1. Now I understand....I am also very sad....I will be here for you, just call me, I will be there....I think that might be a song!!!!

    ReplyDelete