Thursday, June 18, 2015

Walking away from something I love.






This past Sunday I walked away from something I completely loved.  2 weeks ago Dan and I made the decision for me to quit my job.  If you know me at all, you know I loved my job.  I was the nursery supervisor at a local church and was able to be creative and work with a lot of volunteers.  It was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make.  Deciding to have another kid never caused as many tears and struggles as deciding to leave a job I love did.  I still don't know if I made the right decision.  I feel a little bit lost.  A little bit confused.  A lot bit sad.  I developed a personal relationship with all 120 of my volunteers.  I developed friendships at my job that I hope will last a life time.  I watched children start as infants and move out of the nursery.  Sunday was a hard day.  Monday was even a little bit harder.  

You know what I love even more than my job?  MY FAMILY!  So...I am focusing on how awesome our summer is going to be as I focus on my family!  Will I miss working?  Uh huh.  Do we need the income I brought in?  You bet we do.  Will I love going to church with my husband....Oh yeah baby!  

I am still praying God has something bigger for me in store.  A different opportunity maybe.  A different adventure of sorts.  Not sure.  What I do know is this summer I am going to stay connected with friends.  I am going to dive deeper into friendships I couldn't because I didn't have the time to.  I am going to make time to pour into people that need a little extra love.  

I am teaching summer school for 4 weeks and am really looking forward to that.  I am babysitting a few days here and there for some extra cash and I am planning Fridays at the Farm sessions!  

And so our summer begins!  


 We invited some friends over last week to go hang out at the beach.  Of course I didn't take any pictures when we were there because I was constantly counting heads...but we did go for ice cream afterwards!
 I am practicing my photography more and more.  I think I better give Jill Ann her 50mm lens back soon before I fall too much in love with it :)
 Ahhh...friends.  We have been blessed with friends we love.
 A certain 3 year old is still not napping because the bigger kids don't nap.  We are "reaping" the benefits of that every. single. day.
 Splash pad? Yes, Please.  Free and fun and no one can go under water and send me into a panic.

 I am such a stage mom.  Our final ballet recital is this weekend.  For real....I could watch my kids dance every day for the rest of my life!




 BIG NEWS....I think we found a sport for our height challenged boy with way too much energy!  We tried a wrestling camp this week.  Dan and I have no experience with wrestling.  I have never seen it or been to a match.  I have never smelled wrestling either.  What an "awesome" smell they have!
 We definitely have found the perfect sport for G-dog.  The coaches told him he needs to lift weights and beef up a bit.  I have never seen a kid so willing to take out the trash as I have this week.  Today was the last day of camp.  I guess we will work on "beefing" up until the season starts!




 We also joined the summer reading program this week.  The kids have almost completed their sheets already!  We got a lot of reading time while we watched wrestling!



And so our summer begins.  We would love to hang out, so if anyone is ever bored...give us a call!  My schedule is wide open!  




No comments:

Post a Comment