Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Phew....Wait, what day is it?

Someone asked me today if I was still blogging.  Blogging?  Oh yeah...I am.

Then I realized I hadn't blogged in a long time and decided it was about time!  Wes, this blog is dedicated to you :) 

Here is a sneak peak of what has been happing at the "farm" the past 2 weeks.  I have a hard time remembering what day of the week it is some days.  I seem to be in a really busy season right now.  I feel like I can only live one day at a time and I haven't been thinking about the next day until it is the next day.  That isn't good.  I needed a babysitter for today and waited until this morning to find one.  I had a meeting at 11:30 and thankfully Dan's mom was able to watch the two little ones when we texted her at 7:30 this morning.   Cause that is how we roll.  I am thinking we need to work on that!
 These lanterns are gracing my ceiling in the kitchen .  They make me happy.  They make doing the dishes more manageable.  In case you are wondering.  We load and unload the dishwasher at least 2-3 times a day...some days more if we bake/cook more.  I do at least one round of hand washed dishes a day as well.  There are ALWAYS dirty dishes in the sink.  Always.  It is annoying.  Sometimes I put empty dirty cups in the fridge so I can have a clean sink until the dishwasher is done running.  That's the truth.  The pennant flags I made for my front porch are all done and hung.  They looked cute for about a day.  Then the wind came.  Now they fall off or get whipped around constantly.  I am in denial.  I WON'T take them down.  No way.
 Griffin got his hair cut, finally!  He had such a shaggy mop on his head.  The lady used blue gel to spike his hair.  Blue gel?!?!  For a little guy who's favorite color is blue....he was pumped!
 I was cleaning the kitchen the other day....go figure... and I went to find Molly to ask her to take the dog out.  This is what I saw.  Pure happiness I tell ya.  From the seashells airing out from our Alabama escape to the fact that they grabbed pillows to put behind their backs to the outfits they have on.... Sigh.  I could look at this picture all. day. long.  (well I would photoshop out the white truck zooming past if I had to look at it all day long!)

 Molly and Sadie took part in a Forensics thingy at school.  Molly recited some poems and Sadie and her friend recited a poem together.  They were so cute and grown up.  Boo for kids growing up.  Yeah for being brave and rocking the Forensics thingy.
 Over the past 6 months Griffin and Gavin have become buddies.  They play together, the whine together, they fight together, the ask for snacks all the time together, they wrestle together and they ask for more snacks together.  I love watching the brother bond forming.
 Molly was asked to babysit one day.  Awe...to have a baby in the home again.  My uterus was crying that day.  All of the girls did such a good job taking care of baby Eden and loving on her.  They kept saying we need a baby.  Dan?
 I saw this disc golf game at Costco the other day.  I wanted to buy it.  I didn't.  :(
 The older girls and I worked hard to make a little Wilke Farm Store for last week.  They are trying to fundraise to help cover some of their outdoor Ed costs.  We almost sold out of our clipboards!
 I am reading in Exodus right now.  I was in a crabby poopy mood the other day.  Just feeling yucky.  I had to stop and really read my bookmark.  You mean I should always be joyful?  You mean I should be thankful in all circumstances?  Wait...I should never stop praying?  Yup...that bookmark was just what I needed that day.  Attitude adjustment baby.
 Last Friday I hosted a photo board sign session.  Lots of ladies left with super cute photo boards!  I will post more pics of that tomorrow!

 Saturday night I held a private session for the Positive Mom's group.  They brought in some awesome food and crafted away.  I love their creativity on all their boards!
 Tank is still around.  He needs a haircut desperately but I am too cheap to take him in.  Griffin and Lanie love to play with him and tank just goes with the flow...most days.  Even if it means riding around in a laundry basket.
 This is how Griffin spends most of his day.  Pulling up a white stool and opening cabinets and asking for a snack.  Then I say , "no."  He will then go put a toy away and tell me he put that toy away and then say, "now can I have a snack?"  How can I say no to that?  He wins 99% of the time.  Really...he's the baby and I can't say no to him.
 I am organizing and baking for a candy table this weekend.  Grasshopper bars, chocolate covered oreos, cake pops, s'more pops, and puppy chow are some of the goodies being baked in the kitchen this week.  I don't want to ruin the table for anyone coming so I will post pictures of it next week!

 After a day of head spinning and planning and conversations and meetings....I came home to this.  Molly had set up a candlelit dinner for Dan and I outside.  It was 7:15 at night and freezing cold...but we bundled up and ate our burgers outside.  She had ice water and fresh flowers and lanterns and two hershey kisses....It was so sweet.  And look at the amazing sunset!
                                                          How did I get to be so blessed?

This weekend I am heading up for a women's retreat and doing the candy table and hosting a pallet session.  I will be back Sunday night and will be packing to leave again on Tuesday morning for Outdoor Ed with my two oldest girls.  I thought it would be like a little vacation until I attended the Chaperone meeting tonight.  We have to get the kids up by 7:00 am and lights out are at 10:45 pm...what?  What did I sign myself up for?  And there is talk of sleeping in a tent one night too!   Ummm...I'll keep you guys posted on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment