Sunday, March 8, 2015

The difference a week can make.


So.....
Last week I blogged about my funk.

I didn't know if I was going to be able to rise out of it....for reals.

I was a pretty poopy person to be around. 

Bad attitude.

Glass empty kind of person...not even a little bit of water in my glass.

Then I read all of your comments that you guys posted on Facebook and was warmed knowing that I wasn't the only one in a "winter funk."  

So I had two choices.  Continue on my spiral downhill.  Be a poopy person forever.  I would more than likely loose all my friends, get fired from my job, my kids wouldn't like me and my husband would stop loving "everything" about me.  

Press on, Susan, Press on.

And that is Exactly what I did.  

It started last Sunday.  I came home from work and wanted to crawl in a hole and never come out.  The kids were excited to see me when I walked in the door and I had to make a decision right there.  Press on.

We had been given some guest passes to the YMCA a while back so we utilized the guest passes that day and took the kids swimming.  They had a blast.  Dan forced me to get into the pool as well.  He gave me the "you don't want to be a bad mom look" and so in I plopped.  I was freezing and wasn't feeling the whole swimming thing, but the kids liked having me in there and I was able to play with them...and then I casually made my way into the hot tub!  

Since we had a guest pass for the day, Dan and I came back later that night without kids and walked on the track together.    Kind of a work out date I guess you could call it.  They have the most unflattering reflection windows there which totally motivates you to keep walking more laps.  

And this began my rise out of my funk.

In the past week I have...

Worked out every day (except Friday...but I consider the two Fridays at the Farm my own work out session!)

Purchased a one month unlimited tanning package...(thanks Shannon and Michelle for the suggestion!)  I have only gone twice and burned both times, but it forces me to relax and feel the unhealthy rays hitting my body and love every minute of it.  
(I know this isn't good.  I know UV rays are not good for me....I plan to just go a couple times a week to help me mentally know summer is coming and physically warm me up.)

Drank lots and lots of water.  

Joined the YMCA
(after using all our guest passes from two different people we decided to join).
We don't normally take our kids to do a lot of activities because everything we do we have to pay for 9.  We figured the Y would give us all an opportunity to do things as a family and give our kids a chance to do things we normally wouldn't be able to do.  

I played raquet ball for the very first time.

Had some time in the Word.  While I was on a stationary bike one night I pulled up my Bible app.  I read the verse of the day which was from Romans 8.  I pulled up the rest of the chapter and soaked in the Word.  It was JUST what I needed to read.  God knew I needed that.

Bought a new pair of shoes. 
(I have been wearing the same pair of shoes for 2 years...and I have to wear them everyday because I have something wrong with my foot that I can't figure out)  It was time.  I hate spending money on me, but I had to do it....for me.  

It is time I start taking care of me....again.  

(I know...you have heard me say this before....again and again...this time I am in it.)

One full week of exercise.  

Today my friend and I walked around the lake twice.  4.5 miles.... in my new shoes.  I didn't want to go.  I wanted to stay home and clean and sleep.  But, I went.  She gave me reason to go.  And I am so glad I did.  


I am not totally out of my funk yet.  I still look at the condo we wanted to stay at in Florida every day to see if it is available.... It is.  Someone booked it the day we wanted to leave.  I am secretly hoping someone else books it so I can erase that from my mind.  If it's not available we can't go, right?  

My house is still a disaster.  I have to clean up from my Friday at the Farm yet and we won't even mention the upstairs, or the mud room, or the giant sized hairballs.  Nope.  Not gonna think about it.

I am not 100%, but I am feeling way better in just one week.  

I had to make a decision.  

I chose to do something about it.  

I have felt very selfish.  I have also felt very sore!  I have felt "healthy."  I have felt free.  I have felt itchy (from the sunburn!)  

Friday also gave me hope.  I had almost 40 women here for both sessions on Friday and I just love love love hanging with them, crafting with them, and meeting new women.  That gave me hope.  

I guess what I am saying is there is HOPE!  

The kids played outside a lot yesterday and today.  Which brought in a lot of mud and dirt but they loved being out there.  Spring is coming!  

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and love.  

Thank you all for your support!  

I have so much more to blog about but the kids need to eat....again.  The story of my life.  

I will post about the Friday session after the kids are in bed...lots of great pictures to share!  








No comments:

Post a Comment