Tuesday, March 31, 2015

EASTER JAM BABY!!

So I have kinda been out of touch for the past week or so.  Easter Jam.  If you know me at all you know that I have been living, breathing, crafting, thinking, praying, and planning everything Easter Jam related.  Easter Jam is our biggest outreach event we hold at Crosspoint...and that is what I have been up to.  On Wednesday we found out that the sanctuary would not be decorated with the Easter set as we had thought and thus began decoration panic.  Wednesday evening was filled with a trip to Target, Hobby Lobby, Michaels and JoAnns.  Must. Get. Decorations.  My head was spinning.  There was NO WAY we were going to have an empty sanctuary for this fun event.  Some super generous and amazing men made the jumbo wood eggs in ONE DAY.  They were delivered very late on Thursday night and the decorating began.  My children worked very hard to make paper chains to use as the decorations as well.  We had many hands chip in to help with painting, hanging chains, decorating the lobby, hanging lanterns....helping in any way they could and we pulled it together!  
The turn out for Easter Jam was amazing.  Both our services were filled.  There was laughter and fun...but most of all the gospel was shared with SO many people I had never seen before.  So many new faces.  I hope they all had a great experience!  
 This was our photo booth area.  We had props for families to use to take some silly pictures.  Doesn't that just scream fun?!?!
 I put my handmade shirt back on and curled some pigtails and did some Easter Jam hosting on the stage.  That was my favorite part by far.  I get to work with some pretty awesome people that let me have the lime light for a little bit....usually I don't like eyes on me....but I kinda do ;)

 All 7 of our kids plus Dan were on the Easter Jam worship team.  They had practices and were all ready to worship up on stage.  I was SO proud of all of them.  And, no, I don't make Dan lead worship.  He likes to do that with the kids and they like having their Daddy worship with them.  Griffin did SO good.  I couldn't believe he stayed on the stage for both services and did all the songs. I posted a video below of one of the songs!

 Griffs was the winner of a "prize" egg for the egg hunt and got a basket of goodies. (the TMNT basket didn't come with his goodie basket...he took my basket prop from our skit!)

video
It was a really good day.  I am just so blessed to work for a church that allows me to use my talents and be a part of great events.  Now I am back to reality.  Kids are back in school after spring break.  The house is calling me to clean it as I have abandoned it for almost 2 weeks, we need groceries desperately and on and on and on.  I am still recovering from Easter Jam but can't wait to start planning our next event!

No comments:

Post a Comment