Friday, November 14, 2014

It's Hot Up in Here!

Oh!  What a week it has been at the Wilke Farmstead;) 

I don't know if it was the time change or what...but my kids have been fighting  agreeing to disagree way more than normal the past 2 weeks.  I may have even threatened locking them all in the same room for a day until they "learn to get along."  Wait, what?  

No worries...the past few days have been SO good.  They played play-doh the other night for well over 4 hours.  We don't have any play-doh left now, but it was so heartwarming to see them get along.  I even stopped to listen to their conversations and it made me smile.  :) 


 We have also had a very moody 2 year old on our hands since the big "break."  One second he is fine and then the next second he screams because I gave him a snack in a green bowl and not a blue bowl. He is getting used to the cast and starting to function again, but man, he is temperamental!

 Another highlight of my week was getting a new water cup.  This is really the only way I drink water...from a large plastic cup.  I had been given some secret information that starbucks was stocking a new Christmas cup line.  I was checking them out online and the next afternoon Dan brought one home for me.  Nothing fancy, but a cup is just what I needed!
Ever since we have had children we line their plates/bowls up to serve out the food.  It's always from oldest to youngest so they each know which one to grab.  We were having spaghetti the other night and I thought I should capture a picture so I can always remember the calm before the mad rush to the food.  This night I made too much sauce and meatballs and not enough noodles...so Dan and I couldn't have spaghetti.  Does that only happen to me?  It's so hard to judge noodles!
 AND......the BEST new of the week, of the month, of the year was the new boiler has been installed! YAHOO, YIPEE, WOWZERS, HOLY BUCKETS, AMAZING, AWESOME, PRAISE THE LORD!

The heating and cooling crew showed up bright and early on Thursday morning.  We had 3 guys here all day Thursday working on the install.  Below you can see the old boiler beast.  I really think it should be in a boiler museum or something.  I mean seriously....this was a beast.
 The guys worked long and hard to get us heat.  They left here tonight after 6:00.  I think they have to come back for a few minor adjustments, but we HAVE heat!
 Here is a picture of the new boiler system.  Doesn't it look amazing?  So clean and organized and small?  The boiler is on the left.  Can you believe how small it is?  Compared to the beast?
 And then we have the beast.  It is too heavy to lift out of the basement for Dan by himself.  He thinks he need at least 6 guys to carry the beast up the stairs.  Beast will remain in our basement until Dan finds 6 friends.
I don't really know how to thank you all for your help.  I know many of you donated to us and many of you offered prayers and words of support and encouragement.  So many people donated anonymously so I will never be able to thank you all in person.  It was such a whirlwind for our family.  We prayed for each of you that donated to us.  We are SO very thankful for you all.  From $10 up to $1000 dollars we are just so blessed and grateful.  We were talking to the kids about how much money $10,000 is and I told them that Daddy was going to have to work at Kwik Trip part-time for almost 2 years to be able to pay that much money for the boiler.  I know they don't fully comprehend it, but we do.

Thank you for blessing our family.

Thank you for donating.

Thank you for praying.

Thank you for your offers of places to stay to keep warm.

Thank you for the space heaters.

Thank you for caring.

Thank you for the hugs.

Thank you for listening to me cry.

Thank you for the phone calls and the texts.

Thank you for keeping Dan from having to get a part time job.

Thank you for giving us heat.

Thank you.

We commit to help others as much as we can.  We promise to tell anyone we can how God provided for us through you guys.  We promise to pay it forward when we can.

From our very warm home to yours....thank you for loving us :)

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how professional plumbers and heating engineers can turn around a major job like yours so quickly. You went from having a dinosaur-age boiler to a super, new installation in just one day, providing your whole family with heat. I'd love to know what you did with that old boiler. Moving it must have been a huge job.

    Wilfred Andrews @ LB Plumbing and Heating

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely pictures! Your children seem very happy. I know the excitement in getting a new boiler. We also have young children, so we need a warm house. When ours was beyond repair we called our local plumbing firm who quickly installed a new one for us. Oh, the joys of having hot water and a warm house again!

    Lovella Cushman @ Perfection Plumbing

    ReplyDelete