Monday, October 13, 2014

What a week it's been.....Feeling Blessed beyond words.


I don't even know where to begin.  This past week has been a whirlwind for us.   It has totally "flipped" our lives upside down.  (thank you fresh prince of Bel air!)  First, I need to start off by saying, "thank you."  So many of you have prayed for us, offered to help in some way, or donated your hard earned money to our fundraiser and we are in total shock and awe and excitement and disbelief and feeling loved beyond words.  *and yes I know I use run on sentences frequently*  ;)  I just don't have words to express how grateful we are.  This mountain seemed way big to move.  And then we gave it to God and then God took over.  I can say confidently that we have given this situation 100% completely over to God.  I know I have done a huge amount of spiritual growing over the past week.  My eyes see differently.  My heart feels differently.  My thoughts are where they should be-and when they are not I pray...right away.  Our friends and people who love us have surrounded us and covered us with their love and support.  People we don't even know have reached out and said kind things.  People have also said some not kind things which has been an entire new battle, but we are focusing on the good and giving the negativity over to God.  Only He knows our situation and what we truly need and He will provide. 


Thank you from the depths of our hearts and home for the love and support.  It truly has been life changing and we promise to use this situation as good and be a witness for what God has done in our lives.  










 I wanted to take a minute to introduce you to my Grandpa.  I don't know how much longer he has on this earth.  This is my Grandpa Fligge.  My "gramps" is a great man.  He has lead a great life.  I can't imagine my life without him.  My grandma and grandpa Fligge have been married 71 years.  Recently my grandpa had to be moved to a different nursing home than my grandma because she doesn't require the amount of care he does.  Ever since the two of them have been separated by gramps has deteriorated.  I think he is heartbroken.  He asks for "his Betty" all the time and longs for her visits.

We went to visit with him last Sunday at his nursing home.  These pictures of him are from a while ago.  He now spends most of his days hunched over in his wheel chair sleeping.  When we visited with him he was "on" and "off."  He asked us about our home and talked to the kids.  Then he would go "off" for a little bit.  We were able to sing with him and he joined in with us and started some songs of his own.  It's hard to see him like that.  It's hard to know that his time is coming to an end.  It's so hard to watch, but I have such great peace know that when it is his time to go that I will see him in Heaven.  Gramps has worked so hard and been such an example of what love is.  He loves Dan.  He always lets Dan know that.  He tells him what a good father he is and what a good husband he is.  My gramps knows that because he is of the same "breed."  A good father, a good husband, and someone who has been an example to us all.

I am so thankful for our grandparents and the example of love and marriage each has given us.  For now we will visit my grandpa as often as we can and pray for him.  I wish you all could know him!  I am so glad my kids are almost all old enough to know him and love him.  We love you, Gramps!









Fridays at the Farm's session 3 was awesome.  So many creative boards were made.  Watch for a separate post on that!

*This is the day the Lord has made, Let us rejoice and BE glad in it!*


1 comment:

  1. Despite your grandpa’s condition, it’s nice to know that you were somehow able to converse with him, and that he is still able to do certain activities with the kids. Anyway, your grandfather seems to be an amazing man. I hope you get to spend more time with him in the future. Thanks for sharing this with us, Susan. All the best!


    Rochel Badger @ Home Watch Caregivers

    ReplyDelete