Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Fridays at the Farm: Session 3~Magnetic Cookie Sheets


So even though things have been a bit crazy at our house with the boiler situation, we still need to move on and function.  Fridays at the Farm MUST go on!  This past Friday we held our 3rd Session and created magnetic cookie sheets.  I just love love love watching the creativity of everyone.  Even the self proclaimed "not crafty people" do awesome.  
 If any of you don't know, I hold a crafting group at my house every other Friday.  We have a schedule of classes that we follow.  You can find the sign up link on the right side of the blog.  It really is a fun time.  (or at least I think it is).  Watching women fellowship and craft while being at our new house is so amazing.

 So how did we do it?  Well, we used spray adhesive to cover any magnetic cookie sheet.  It has to be magnetic if you want it to hold a magnet!  ;)  There are air cookie sheets out there that don't hold a magnet in case you are wanting to make one.  Some people brought new cookie sheets and some people brought old ones.  It didn't really matter because we covered them with fabric.  We measured our fabric to the size we needed and headed into the spray adhesive room!
 We covered the front of the cookie sheet with spray adhesive and place the fabric on top.  You have to start in the center of the cookie sheet and then work your way out towards the edges.  Depending on the cookie sheet you can simply fold the fabric over and spray adhesive the fabric down or you have to press and crease your fabric into the ridges of the cookie sheet.
 Next we got to the fun part of accessorizing!  We used clothespins and cork board circles and felt and scrap fabric pieces to help decorate our boards.
 Some people turned their boards into menu boards. Some made them for their kitchen or their bedroom.  Watching the creative juices flow is my favorite part by far!
 After the morning session leaves, Nellie and I prep for the evening session.  Anyone is welcome at Fridays at the Farm!  I am meeting lots of new people and reconnecting with old friends.  I have had some high school friends attend, a mom and friend from our old church before we moved, long time friends, women I have never met, and people I have just seen in passing at school or church.  I just love that God has provided me with the opportunity to be able to do this!



 Here are some more pictures of the evening sessions finished products!



 Erin, I think your board could use something hanging off the bottom...what do you think ;)  (hehehe!-inside joke!)



Thank you to all who have attended a Friday at the Farm!  Nellie and I picked the next semester crafts on Friday and we are just sitting on them for a few days and will revisit them to make sure they are still "cool!"

With all we have going on Fridays at the Farm has kept me "going."  God has done some major refining in my life the past two weeks and I am excited to share that with all of you!

The next session is Thanks Jars along with a thankful tree...way cute.  There are still spots open so go sign up, we would love to have ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment