Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Another Birthday and Answered Questions!

So I know many of you are wondering what in the world is going on?!?!?  These past 2 weeks have been a whirlwind.  I am going to write a separate blog on what has been happening and where we are at.  From the lowest of lows I am rising out and Praise God cause I was starting to even worry about myself for a few days.  That deserves a blog of it's own and so does my sweet new 8 YEAR OLD!  

8 years ago little Miss Kenadie Faith entered our crazy home!  After we had 3 girls in 3 years people thought we were craaazzyy for having a 4th child....and right away.  Dan and I were totally on board for having lots of kids and fast and I am sure glad we did!  We didn't tell people right away about our pregnancy because we knew it might not go over well.  I know people were not upset about another baby but more looking out for Dan and I and our pocket books.  

Kenadie entered our world on October 5th, 2006.  Our 4th little girl.  We never ever ever never ever were disappointed with having 4 girls in a row.  Not one bit.  I love every second of baby girls and love that God built our family the way he did.  My four oldest girls are so close.  Did we want to have a boy?  Eventually.  But, man I was loving having so many girls in a row.  And that is simply the truth.  


 Since we were a bit preoccupied the past 2 weeks I didn't plan much of a birthday party for Kenadie.  On Thursday I had taken Griffin for a hair cut at a new children's salon in Oconomowoc called Snips and Giggles.  While I was there I noticed they did birthday parities.  Well, I didn't have time or the funds to have a birthday party there, but I did make an appointment to take Kenadie and her friend to be a "Diva" for a day.  I didn't tell Kenadie where we were going so they were surprised when we pulled up and I told them what they got to do!

Pedicures and manicures started their Diva day off.  Kenaide picked lime green with sparkles for her fingers and toes.  The girls also got to have their hair done.  They had watched some girls get their hair done for homecoming when we arrived so naturally they wanted the same style.  The best touch was the sparkles.  
I almost asked for some sparkles in my hair.  Really, I did.  Who doesn't love a little sparkle, right?





The girls also got to create a sugar scrub, hair sparkle, or lip gloss.  Kenaide picked hair sparkles.  If you happen to see some sparkles in my hair you will know why!  ;)

While we were at Snips and Giggles Kenadie decided she wanted to get her ears pierced.  So we called Oma, who was on her way to meet us, and she said she would do that for Kenadie for her birthday.

So I don't do very well with needles and blood and piercings and any type of that stuff but I braved it and held her hand while she got them pierced.  We had a bit of a "glitch" during the actual piercing, but the ladies at Snips and Giggles handled it so well and Kenadie pulled herself together and all is good!  No mom wants to see her little girl in pain, but Kenadie being her own free spirited self bounced right back.  I was so proud of her.  
 Oma treated Kenadie and her friend to some ice cream after the ear piercing and that healed all wounds!

Kenaide is truly a joy to our family.  She has such a joy about her and a spirit of helpfulness.  Most of the time when I ask for someone to do something, Kenadie is the first to chime in to help.  She is a great big and little sister.  She doesn't know how to keep her room clean at all and has trinkets and toys shoved everywhere.....e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e.  She is a bit of a klutz and so tiny, but can rock a cartwheel!  Most of the time she is in her own world imaging some sort of story.  We wouldn't want her any other way.  (well, maybe a little more tidy).

Here are a few pics I found of Kens.  Man, her smile and her eyes just melt this momma's heart.











Thank you for all your prayers over the past 2 weeks.  They have worked and I am forever changed.  I have learned a lot about myself and am in the process of working through hurt and pain.  I can't wait to share with you what God has been doing in my heart.  I am a work in progress and I am so thankful for God's grace and patience with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment