Thursday, September 18, 2014

Sneak Peak: Session 3, Magnetic Cookie Sheet!

First of all, If you name is Lydia and you are best friends with my daughter Sadie...DON'T READ THIS until after your party~!  


Last night I ventured out to 3 craft stores...yes, 3.  Hobby Lobby, Joann's, and Michael's.  I am trying to plan and get prepared for the upcoming Fridays at the Farm so off I went.  My first stop was Hobby Lobby.  I love that store.  I didn't really have time to browse because I had to stay my course, but I may have ventured off the path once or twice.  Cute cute stuff and lots on sale.  I will only buy things when they are on sale.  I know I have said that before, but it's the truth.  If it's not on sale I will scrounge for a coupon.  They had their fabric on sale and I picked out 3 different options for our cookie sheet board.  I am going to have to go back before the sale is over to pick up a few other options.  (I was just testing out how to make it first).  I used my 40% off coupon on a new lanyard for myself...I know...pretty dumb, huh?  Everything else I bought was 40% off already so my $5.99 lanyard it was.  

After I left Hobby Lobby I stopped at St. Vincent's and Goodwill on a hunt for cookie sheets.  I found an awesome one at goodwill for $1.99.  That is the cookie sheet I used to make my magnetic board. If any of you are signed up to come to session 3 you have some options for your cookie sheet.  First of all, the cookie sheet should be no larger than 14 inches by 15 inches.  We simply won't have enough material for any sheets bigger than that.  The cookie sheet I purchased at goodwill was 14 by 15 and had a small lip on one side of it, otherwise it was completely flat.  I would HIGHLY recommend using a cookie sheet like this.  


 I found this cookie sheet this morning at the St. Vincent's right down the road from my house today.  I paid $3.99 for it.  A bit more pricey than goodwill, but still a good price. This one has two small lips on the sides and a larger lip at the top.  This shouldn't be a problem to cover, but I will try that this afternoon.
 If you have an old cookie sheet at home, that will do as well.  It can be crummy and yucky as it will just be getting covered anyways.  If you have a cookie sheet with a rim all the way around it, we will be able to work with that as well, but it might not look as crisp and clean.  I found this 2 pack of cookie sheets at Walmart this morning.  $8.97 for a set of two.  These will work as well. Please keep in mind that you will only be able to create one cookie sheet at the session.  Save the other one to use for cookies or you can create your own cookie sheet at your house!

Without going into detail on how I created this, this is the final result!  Sadie's friend is having a birthday party tomorrow and I thought this would be a great gift for Ms. Lydia! You will be able to create your own magnetic letters (you may not be able to spell and entire name, though).  The large "L" hanging on the board was just a special gift from me to Lydia.  I will not be buying those for the session.  If you have any accessories you would like to bring along to create your magnetic board you are more than welcome to do that.  I found the "L" at Michael's in the Dollar section if anyone is interested in picking one up for their board.

**** If you want a certain pattern or color of fabric, I CANNOT take special orders or requests.  Nellie and I will have a selection of material here that you can use.  If you want something specific to match the room you will be hanging it in, feel free to bring your own fabric!  You would need a half of a yard.  I will offer the same fabric selections at both the morning and evening session.  I will not have extra cookie sheets here, so make sure you BRING YOUR OWN COOKIE SHEET!  (also, again, remember it needs to be magnetic. The air/tin cookie sheets don't hold a magnet!)

I am SO happy with the way this Magnetic board turned out!   I can't wait to see what you guys create!

I HAVE JUST ADDED A FEW MORE SPOTS TO EACH SESSION FOR THIS CRAFT!  IF YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED UP YET, GO SIGN UP!  





No comments:

Post a Comment