Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Getting to know us...

If you know me at all, you know I love me a good craft and I love to talk.  I have been dreaming something up for a while and never thought it was possible…and then…

The past year of my life has been kind of turned upside down.  Dan and I prayed some big prayers and God answered in ways we couldn’t even have imagined.  What we thought we wanted and what God had planned for us were complete opposites.  What an amazing God we serve!

Susan's Crew
One of the biggest changes is that we moved from Watertown to Oconomowoc.  What seemed like an impossible task became an incredible door of faith and trust for our family.  Long story short, our house sold on the last day it was on the market.  We had it on the market for 6 months and had resorted to the fact that our house wasn’t going to sell and we would remain in Watertown.  We had told our realtor we were taking it off the market and were already planning our lives around staying put.  Back in October when we put the house on the market I felt God’s presence more than ever and kept hearing him whisper to me…”I’ve Got This.”  6 months of doubting and questioning and He “had” this all along.  When we accepted the offer on our house the pieces started to fall into place.  One thing after another proved God’s perfect timing.  Dan and I looked at one house and fell in love from the very first smoky encounter we had!  After a couple months of what seemed like the impossible, we are proud owners of our very own farmhouse in Oconomowoc.  For reals!  It is amazing, it is huge, it is filthy dirty, it has charm, it has potential, it has land, it has a wrap around porch and it is OURS! 

The Wilke farm has opened up so many doors and we are just loving living life and not driving most of the day!  Something I have dreamed about for a few years has been opening up my home and crafting with other moms and women.  What I have dreamed of has now become a possibility…Fridays at the Farm!  Fridays at the farm will be a time for me to have an excuse to craft and be able to talk. 

Nellie's Kiddos
Not only has God blessed us with a new home he has blessed us with incredible people who have helped us through the move.  The amount of people that circled around us and with us have opened our eyes to just how generous people can be.  One person that I have had the joy of getting to know over the past few months has been Nellie Leis.  Nellie is simply amazing.  She joined my mom’s group at church and from the moment I met her I knew she was special.  I like to think we “clicked” but I am sure that is only in my head.  She is so sweet, she has adorable children with super cute names, and she is amazing at what she does.  When she told me she had a blog and and Etsy store I almost fell out of my chair.  Nellie designs parties like no one else.  She has helped out with graphic designs projects at church and there isn’t anything she has done that hasn’t been amazing.  She. Is. Amazing.  So this is where it gets super exciting now….

Nellie has agreed to “partner” with me for Fridays at the Farm!  We met this morning and are so very excited to start the adventure together.  We have the crafts all planned out until the end of the year and let me tell you, they are awesome!  Fridays at the farm will be for anyone with any craft skill level.  If you haven’t touched a piece of fabric or held a paintbrush in years or ever…it’s ok!  If you are a skilled crafter we might put you to work!  We are going to meet every other Friday starting on September 12th. 

We will be posting the details tomorrow.  We are going to offer a time in the mornings and in the evenings!  We are just so excited to begin this adventure on the farm and would love if you would sign up and join us! 

More details tomorrow

Blessings,

Susan & Nellie

No comments:

Post a Comment